Cheese scones recipe. Scones is a small unsweetened or sweetened biscuitlike cake. It is very ideal for breakfast treats. The cheese scones I made is considered a plain scones. Which means without added fruit. It is very nice to serve with butter and fruit jam. Wait! With coffee or tea to make it perfect! 😉 Without further ado, let’s look at the recipe and start making one today. 🙂
Cheese Scones Recipe
- 200 grams high protein flour / bread flour
- 10 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 gram salt
- 4 grams baking powder
- 1 egg
- 50 grams fresh milk
- 40 grams unsalted butter (cold and cut into pieces)
- 4o grams cheddar cheese (cut into pieces)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with two knives. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese. Then add in the egg and milk to the flour mixture. Stir just until the dough comes together. Do not over mix the dough. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Pat the dough into a bar that is about 1.5 cm thick. Cut the bar dough into 8 triangles shape.
- Place the scones on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.