Marble Cake recipe. Marble cake is a cake with mottled appearance like marble. This cake is wonderfully rich and buttery with a moist and tender texture. A marble cake is not difficult to make. It is actually one batter that is divided and the cocoa powder is added to one portion. The marbling effect is created by placing the two batters alternately in a pan. Then use a skewer running through the two batters to give it a marble effect. Next time if you can’t decide whether to make a cocoa chocalate cake or a butter cake, combine them to make a marble cake! 🙂
Marble Cake Recipe
- 149 grams unsalted butter
- 117 grams icing sugar
- 21 grams egg yolk
- 159 grams egg
- 117 grams plain flour
- 31 grams ground almond
- 4 grams baking powder
- 1 gram lemon juice
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease and line an 7cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm cake pan with baking paper.
- Whisk plain flour, baking powder and ground almond together and sifted in a bowl.
- Put egg yolk and egg together in another bowl.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add in icing sugar and beat at medium speed until mixture become pale and fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture in (3) in two addition until well blended.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Take out 100 grams of the batter into a bowl and stir the cocoa powder into the batter.
- Now, pour the cocoa batter back to the yellow batter.
- Take a clean table knife and make a swirling patter throughout the batter to gently achieve the marble effect.
- Spread the batter into cake pan evenly and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.