Stir fried clam. Clam is a type of sea creature with shell. They are popular for their chewy texture and salty ocean taste. However, clams are very nutrient and containing many vitamins and minerals. Clams are low in fat and contain a lot of protein and iron. Despite they are nutrient dense, not everyone like eating clams. My son and daughter are among them. They told me they don’t like the chewy texture feeling. Today, I am sharing a simple stir fried clam dish, which simple and yet delicious. If you really enjoy and liked eating clams and mussel, you got to try this dish! Enjoy! 🙂
Stir Fried Clam Recipe
- 500 grams clams
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped chili
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine / Hua Diao Wine (花雕酒)
- 1 stalk spring onion (cut into sections)
- 1 stalk coriander (cut into sections)
- Clean and scrub the shell of the clams thoroughly. Soak the clams in salt water for one hour to purge the sand and impurities in them. Rinse the clams and drain the water.
- Heat up cooking oil in wok. Stir fry minced garlic, ginger and chili until fragrant and the garlic turned slightly brown.
- Add in clams and continue to stir fry for a brief moment. Cover the wok with lid to let the clams steam for about 2 minutes or until most of the shells are open up.
- Add in oyster sauce and toss the clams for about 1 minute until the sauce is well mixed into the clam.
- Add in the Chinese cooking wine and give a quick stir.
- Just before dishing out, add in the spring onion and coriander. Serve hot with rice.