Ginger Scallion Chicken is one of my wife favorite foods. Whenever we have our lunch or dinner in a restaurant, she will order the ginger scallion chicken most of the time. In fact, she has requested me many times to cook this dish at home but I just couldn’t have time to do so. 😛
At last, I was free last weekend and I decided to cook this dish for her. As usual, I search for this recipe at Rasa Malaysia, my favorite food blog. Usually, boned chicken breast is used but I used chicken wing instead. So be sure you cut the chicken wings into small pieces so that it can be cooked easily. I hope you will like my version of ginger scallion chicken. Enjoy ! 🙂
Ginger Scallion Chicken Recipe
Adapted from Rasa Malaysia
- 4 chicken wings (cut into small pieces)
- 4 stalks of scallions (cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 2 inches fresh ginger (peeled and sliced into pieces)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (one tablespoon for marinating chicken)
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Marinate the chicken wing with cornstarch and add one tablespoon of oil to seal in the juice of the chicken. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat up your wok and add the remaining cooking oil into the wok.
- When the wok gets very hot and begins to smoke, add in the ginger and stir for a few seconds, then add the white part of the scallions and stir a few times. Add in the chicken wing and continue to stir well.
- Just when the chicken starts to cook through, add in the sauce (A) and stir for a few times. Lid on and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the green part of the scallion, stir quickly and remove from heat and serve immediately with steamed white rice.