Steamed Pork Ribs is a very easy home-cooked food. I like the fragrance of garlics and gingers. Sometimes I also add some chilli to it, making it spicy. However, this may not suitable for children when chilli is added. If you search from the internet, you may found that many recipes used taucheo/salted soya beans (豆酱) and dried fermented black beans as condiment. In my previous blog post “Tofu with Minced Meat” I used both condiments. However, I don’t want to use these two condiments in my recipe this time. I prefer lighter taste and I use garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Do try out this recipe. Enjoy!
Steamed Pork Ribs Recipe
- 500 grams Pork ribs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon Corn starch
- Few dash of white pepper powder
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 inches of ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk of spring onion (cut into small section for garnishing)
- Cut the pork ribs into 1 inch sections.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, corn starch, white pepper powder, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer pork ribs and sauce mixture into a mixing bowl and mix well. Let it marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Steam on med-high heat for 30 minutes. Make sure that when you are steaming that you don’t run out of water in the wok. Replenish with additional water, if needed.
- Lastly, garnish with chopped spring onions.