Potato salad. This is a very delicious side dish. I like potato and I like salad too. This side dish is the combination of the two. I really like this potato salad and more importantly it is easy to make. I love potatoes. There are so many ways of preparing potatoes and I like to try out different way to prepare potatoes. If you love potatoes too (who doesn’t like potatoes? 😉 ), do check out my previous blog post on Oven Baked Potato Wedges.
The recipe I share today serves 2 to 3 persons. If you like to prepare more, you may refer to the original recipe from foodiecrush. However, the original recipe includes yellow mustard and celery seeds which I omitted in my recipe as I couldn’t find them 😛 .
Potato Salad Recipe
Recipe adapted from foodiecrush
- 3 medium white potatoes, about 500 grams
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1 tablespoon diced scallion
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring potatoes to a boil in large pot of cold water that’s been liberally salted.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a pairing knife. Drain and let cool until just able to handle.
- Peel the skins from the potatoes and cut into large diced pieces. Transfer the warm potatoes to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the white vinegar and stir.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for about 15 minutes. Add the celery and scallions. Chop one of the hard boiled eggs and add to the potato mixture.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, salt and black pepper. Mix well into the potato mixture.
- Slice the last egg into thin slices and place the slices on top of the salad. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.