Oven Baked Potato Wedges, a simple recipe I found in Natasha’s Kitchen blog. I was trying to find some recipe related to potato and I found this. Personally I like to eat potato. Be it cooked, steamed, boiled or baked. In fact, potato is a very nutritious food. It is also very filling. Of course it is not so healthy if you fried it. Although I have to admit that fried potato is very nice!
Oven baked potato wedges is very easy to make with simple ingredients like extra virgin oil, black pepper, paprika powder, garlic, salt and potato. The original recipe included fresh parsley leaaves and parmesan cheese. However, I don’t have these ingredients when I bake the potato and thus I discarded them. Please refer to the Notes on how to use fresh parsley leaaves and parmesan cheese in this recipe.
Without further ado, let’s see how to make the oven baked potato wedges. Enjoy!
Oven Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen
- 4 russet potatoes
- 50 ml cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 gloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 230°C
- Wash & cut potatoes into wedges by cutting lengthwise in half then slice each half into 3 slices.
- Place potatoes in a bowl of water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stand for 30 min then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp black pepper into a large mixing bowl. Add potatoes and mix them together. Next add 50ml of olive oil to the mixing bowl and mix until potatoes are coated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potatoes on the lined sheet and bake at 230°C for 30-35 min until the potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy.
- Serve with ketchup, or ranch,… or fry sauce.
- While potatoes are baking, chop 2 Tbsp fresh parsley and grate ¼ cup parmesan cheese and place both into a large mixing bowl.
- Toss potato wedges in the mixing bowl with parsley and cheese.