Butter cake recipe. Hello everyone, welcome to Cook & Bake Diary and thanks for dropping by. Today, I am posting my first ever blog post for Cook & Bake Diary and for the debut I choose to share with you the butter cake recipe. I love butter cake, I love its buttery, rich taste and the moist texture. Butter cake, as the name tells you one of the main ingredients that provides flavour is butter.
I attended a part time baking course few months ago and butter cake is one of the baked goods I learned. In this recipe, almond powder is added to give it a unique fragrance and texture. However, this is optional and you can leave without it if you don’t like almond. By the way, If you are about to make marble butter, you may use this recipe as well by just adding cocoa powder to it. I will tell you in the later part of this post.
Now, let’s look at the ingredients and methods.
Butter Cake Recipe
Recipe from Butter and Olive Baking Academy.
- Unsalted butter 149 grams
- Icing sugar 117 grams
- Egg yolk 21 grams
- Egg 159 grams
- Plain flour (sieved) 159 grams
- Ground almond 31 grams
- Baking powder 4 grams
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line an 7cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm cake pan with baking paper.
- Whisk plain flour, baking powder and ground almond together and sifted in a bowl.
- Put egg yolk and egg together in another bowl.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add in icing sugar and beat at medium speed until mixture become pale and fluffy.
- Beat in flour mixture in (3) in two addition until well blended.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Spread the batter into cake pan evenly and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked.
- If you want to make a marble butter cake, after step (8), separated a portion of about 100 grams in a small bowl and add in 3 grams of cocoa and mix well. Then fold it back to the batter and stir roughly with a spatula to form a marble pattern.