Fried Rice is a very easy to cook at home meal. It is so versatile that you can add any ingredients to the fried rice. I like to add different colour of vegetables to my fried rice. It makes the fried rice so colourful and looks tasteful. It is also the best way to deal with and use up the leftover or overnight rice without wastage.
Herewith I share with you my version of fried rice. Once you master the technique, you can actually play around with any ingredients. I hope you like my sharing and enjoy!
Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 cups overnight rice
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrot (cut into cube)
- 1/2 cup long beans (cut into small section)
- 50 grams bean sprout
- 100 grams pork (cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 dashes pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Heat up a wok with two tablespoons oil. Add in eggs and scramble for about one minute. Then add in garlic and stir fry to fragrant.
- Add in carrot, long beans and pork. Fry for a few minutes util they are half done at high heat.
- Add in rice and do a few quick stir then add soy sauce, salt and pepper. Continue to stir until the rice is well blended with the seasoning.
- Add bean sprouts and do a few final stirs, dish out and serve hot.