Fried Hokkien Noodles is a dish of yellow noodles braised in dark soy sauce. Usually thick yellow noodles is used. But it is ok to used normal yellow noodles and I used that. You may also use Japanese Udon noodles. It’s up to you. Ingredients wise, pork, squid, fish cake, fish ball and cabbage are usually used.
You may heard of fried hokkien prawn noodles but don’t mixed up it with fried hokkien noodles. They are two different kind of dishes. In contrast, fried hokkien prawn noodles is not dark in color. However, both are very delicious! Feel free to try it! Enjoy!
Fried Hokkien Noodles Recipe
Reciep adapted from Min’s Blog
- 500 grams Yellow noodles
- 150 grams pork (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup cabbage (cut into strips)
- 8 fish balls
- 2 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 250 ml water
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the seasoning ingredients. Set aside for later use.
- Heat up a wok with 3 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Now, add in garlic and stir fry to fragrant.
- Then, add in pork strips and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add in seasoning and fish balls and continue to cook until boil.
- Then add yellow noodles and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lastly, add in cabbage and fry for another 3 minutes. Dish out and serve hot.