Noodle is one of my favourite foods. It is a very versatile food. It can be cooked in many ways, you can fry it or cook it with different kind of soups. Hokkien fried noodle, hokkien prawn noodle, mee goreng (malay fried noodle) and so forth are some of the popular noodles you could find in Malaysia.
Personally, I love fried noodle very much especially the one from my mom! It is an easy and simple recipe for home cooking. Today, I am sharing with you the recipe adapted from my mom. I call it the easy fried noodle. Except the main ingredient, yellow noodle, you may change it according to your preference. For me, I used bean sprouts, tomatoes, fried tofu puffs and prawns. You may use fish ball, fish cake, pork, fish, other vegetables and so forth.
Easy Fried Noodle
- 500 grams yellow noodles
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 30 grams spring onions (cut into 2 inch length)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 shallots (finely chopped)
- 100 grams prawns (shelled)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into small pieces)
- 4 fried tofu puffs (cut into half)
- 1 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the seasoning ingredients. Set aside for later use.
- Heat up the wok with 2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Add garlic and shallots and stir fry to fragrant.
- Add prawns and tomato and stir fry util they are half done.
- Now, add yellow noodles, fried tofu puffs and seasoning and continue to stir until the noodles are well blended with the seasoning and completely cooked through.
- Add bean sprouts and spring onions and do a few final stirs, dish out and serve hot.