Tofu cake has a texture similar to chiffon cake. It is a very light cake with fluffy and spongy texture. The only different is the taste. With tofu and soya milk added as the ingredients, it tastes much like a tofu flavour chiffon cake. I like this tofu cake. The fragrant of tofu and soya will drift through your mouth with every bite of the tofu cake. Try out this tofu cake recipe if you like to have a different experience of chiffon cake. You may want to check out my recipe for vanilla chiffon cake as well. Enjoy!
Tofu Cake Recipe
- 44 grams soya milk
- 61 grams tofu (mashed)
- 47 grams cooking oil
- 94 grams plain flour (swift)
- 1 gram baking powder
- 189 grams egg white
- 61 grams sugar
- 1 gram cream of tar tar
- 1 gram salt
- Preheat oven to 165 °C.
- Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Mix mashed tofu, soya milk and oil into a bowl. Add flours mixture in 2 additions. Mix just to combine and form a smooth thick paste. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add the cream of tar tar and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold some of the egg whites into the batter just until blended.
- Pour all the egg white and batter mixture back to the remaining egg whites and gently fold just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the tube pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Upon removing the cake from the oven, gently hit the pan on a flat surface. This is to release the hot air from the cake. Then immediately turn the pan upside down and place on a flat surface. Let the cake cool completely before removing from pan.