Spicy sour soup is a simple, easy and quick to cook soup. With simple ingredients like carrot, tomato, tofu, crab sticks and pork or chicken, you will be able to prepare a very nice and delicious soup. You may discard the chilli if you are preparing the soup for your children. It still taste nice without chilli. However, it will no longer call the “Spicy Sour Soup” without chilli. 😉
About 20 years ago (sounds like I am very old! ha ha :D), my sister cooked this soup for me. She learned it from school. I thought it doesn’t taste nice. However, it’s the other way round. It tastes awesome! I like the soup! Today, I cooked the soup again. It still taste nice. I hope you like this soup too. Enjoy!
Spicy Sour Soup Recipe
- 100 grams pork (cut into strips)
- 50 grams carrot (cut into strips)
- 1 tomato (cut into wedges)
- 5 crab sticks (cut into section lenght)
- 1 red chilli (cut into strips)
- 1 stalk of scallion (diced)
- 2 tofu (cut into strips)
- 1 egg
- 1 litre water
Seasoning for pork:
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
Seasoning for soup:
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 table spoon water
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Add 1 teaspoon light soy sauce and 1 teaspoon corn starch to pork strips and season for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoon water into 2 tablespoon corn starch and mix well.
- Boil one litre water in a wok and add carrot, tofu, tomato, crab sticks and chilli into boiling water and bring it to a boil again.
- Add pork strips into soup and boil it for a while until cooked. Add in light soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and white pepper powder into the soup and mix well.
- Now, add the corn starch mixture (prepared earlier in step 1) to soup and stir well.
- Lightly beaten egg in a cup then pour beaten egg slowly in a fine stream into soup. Stir soup several time.
- Add scallion to soup. Remove from heat and serve hot.