Nestum cookies are a very simple and easy to make cookies. With just the basic ingredients like butter, plain flour, corn flour, egg yolk, sugar, salt and of course the main ingredient Nestum you can make a very delicious cookies. You can find the Nestum cookies during the Chinese New Year too. It is a popular festive baking. Nestum is a kind of instant cereal, in case you have no idea what it is.
Last weekend, I found some left over Nestum while I was doing housekeeping of my kitchen. Suddenly I am so craving of Nestum cookies! The quantity of the left over Nestum is just enough for me to make some Nestum cookies. So, this was my project during the weekend, making the Nestum cookies! Herewith, I share with you recipe and I hope you will like it. Enjoy!
Nestum Cookies Recipe
- 125 grams Unsalted butter
- 83 grams Sugar
- 17 grams Egg yolk
- 100 grams Plain flour
- 42 grams Corn flour
- 2 grams Salt
- 66 grams Nestum
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add the egg yolk and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the plain flour, corn flour and salt. Then add to the butter and egg mixture. With a spatula, mix just until incorporated.
- Fold in nestum and mix well.
- Scale dough into small ball of 15 grams each. Place these small balls of dough onto each baking sheets.
- Gently flatten each ball of dough with a fork into a round shape (about 2 inch round).
- Bake the cookies for about 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to brown.
- Do not over bake the cookies. Otherwise it will be very dry and hard.
- When the cookies done, they should still seem a little soft and they will firm up as they cool.