Earl Grey Chiffon Cake. Today is a beautiful sunny day. Free and easy day. I think today is a very good day for baking. I quickly dig through my recipes book before I lost my mood. I found the earl grey chiffon cake recipe. Personally, I like chiffon cake very much. I like it’s fluffy texture. If you like chiffon cake too, do visit my earlier posts for vanilla chiffon cake and tofu cake. Earl grey tea leaves is a tea blend which has been flavoured with the addition of oil of bergamot. Therefore, earl grey chiffon cake gives you the fragrant of bergamot orange fruit. Now, let’s see what you need for and how to make the earl grey chiffon cake.
Earl Grey Chiffon Cake Recipe
- 2 grams of Earl Grey tea leaves
- 32 grams of fresh milk
- 40 grams of vegetable oil
- 116 grams of egg yolk
- 99 grams of plain flour
- 79 grams of castor sugar
- 131 grams of egg white
- Preheat oven to 180 °C
- Mix earl grey tea leaf and fresh milk in a small bowl and double boil it until fragrant.
- Mix vegetable oil into tea leaves and fresh milk mixture. Mix well.
- Add in egg yolks in 3 addition into the mixture and mix well.
- Add plain flours to mixture in 2 additions. Mix just to combine and form a smooth thick paste. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Gradually beat in the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold some of the egg whites into the batter just until blended.
- Now, pour all the egg white and batter mixture back to the remaining egg whites and gently fold just until blended.
- Gently pour the batter into the tube pan and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Upon removing the cake from the oven, gently hit the pan on a flat surface. This is to release the hot air from the cake. Then immediately turn the pan upside down and place on a flat surface. Let the cake cool completely before removing from pan.