It is porridge time again! Today I will be sharing with you the dried scallop pork porridge. This is another simple and easy to cook at home meal. I always like to cook porridge as my lunch especially when I have kids at home. It is a better and healthier choice.
The reason I like about dried scallop is that it lend a distinctive sweet sea salt flavour to the porridge. I cooked my dried scallop pork porridge with chicken stock instead of just plain water. This is a add on taste to the porridge to make it more delicious. I hope you will love it. So, cook it today for your family. Enjoy!
Dried Scallop Pork Porridge
This recipe serves 3 to 4 persons.
- 1/4 cup rice
- 4 medium size dried scallops
- 100 grams pork (sliced)
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 2 eggs, crack into a bowl and lightly beaten.
- 2 stalks spring onion for garnishing, cut into small section
- fried shallot oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- Dash of white pepper powder.
- Put the rice into a small pot and rinse with cold water a few times until water become clear.
- Add chicken stock and dried scallop into the rice and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cover the pot. Let it cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until your desired texture.
- Add sliced pork to the porridge. Stir a few times, and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until pork cooked completely.
- Add salt to taste.
- Pour in egg in spiral direction and let it cook for about 1 minute.
- Lastly, garnish with some spring onion and serve hot with some shallot oil and white pepper powder