Christmas is around the corner, are you in the midst of doing your Christmas baking for the festival celebration? What are you planning to make? I think Chocolate is one of the most popular gifts for the Christmas. This should give you some ideas what to make for your Christmas baking. In fact, chocolate is one of the popular ingredients widely used in baking for cookies and cakes. Chocolate cakes, chocolates brownies, chocolate macorons, chocolate cookies and so forth.
Today, I am going to share with you the Dark Chocolate Cookies recipe. In this recipe, desiccated coconut is added, which you will taste the fragrance of coconut. So, reach for this Dark Chocolate Cookies when that next chocolate craving hits!
Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe
This recipe makes 30 pieces cookies.
Recipe from Butter and Olive Baking Academy.
- Unsalted butter 53 grams
- Sugar 71 grams
- Salt 1 grams
- Egg 13 grams
- Baking Soda 1 grams
- Plain flour (sieved) 89 grams
- Desiccated coconut 13 grams
- Dark chocolate (chopped) 53 grams
- Water 5 grams
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the plain flour, baking powder and salt. Then add to the butter and egg mixture. With a spatula, mix just until incorporated.
- Fold in desiccated coconut and dark chocolate and mix well.
- Scale dough into small ball of 10 grams each. Place these small balls of dough onto each baking sheets.
- Gently flatten each ball of dough with a fork into a round shape (about 2 inch round).
- Bake the cookies for about 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time.
- Do not over bake the cookies. Otherwise it will be very dry and hard.
- When the cookies done, they should still seem a little soft and they will firm up as they cool.