Chinese Omelette is a dish prepared with beaten eggs and add with various vegetables such as carrot, onion and spring onions. I like this dish. It is like an all-in-one dish! Most of the time I serve it with porridge. You may try with others vegetables as well. Such as bean sprout, mushrooms, cabbage or bamboo shoots. If you like meat, minced meat or shrimps is an options too. There are so many possibilities. So, lets try it out. Enjoy!
Chinese Omelette Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 chili (chopped)
- 50 grams carrot (shredded)
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into small section
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Crack all the eggs into a bowl and lightly beat with a fork.
- Add in oyster sauce and soy sauce and stir well to combine. Make sure oyster sauce is fully dissolved.
- Add in the rest of the ingredient except onion and stir well.
- Heat up a wok with 3 tablespoons oil on high heat.
- When the oil is fully heated, add in onion and stir-fry until it is golden brown and fragrant.
- Slowly pour in the egg mixture into the wok to make a wide diameter omelette. Make sure all onion is covered by egg mixture.
- Let the omelette cook for about 2 minutes before flipping it over.
- Fry the omelette until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with rice or porridge.