ABC Soup is a nutritious chinese vegetable soup. I have always wonder why is it that it is called ABC soup. I guess it is because it is so easy to cook, as simple as ABC. If you have any other answers or know why is it that it is called ABC soup, please leave me some comments 😉
ABC soup is always my favourite soup when I was a kid. I can still recall that I even give it a name call the “Spicy Soup”. You might wonder why? It is because I like to put in a lot of white pepper powder until it is so spicy and I really like it! Since then the whole family call it the “Spicy Soup” rather than the ABC soup. 😀
ABC Soup Recipe
- 500 grams pork ribs
- 2 potatoes (skinned and cut into small cube size)
- 1 carrot (skinned and cut into small cube size)
- 2 onions (skinned and cut into wedges)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper.
- 1.5 litre water
- Boil 1.5 litres water in a pot with high heat. When boiled, add all ingredients except salt.
- Bring the soup to boil again with high heat and then reduce to low heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Lastly, add salt to taste base on personal preference. Remove from heat and serve hot.
- You may add sweet corn in your soup as well. It will give the sweet taste of the sweet corn in your soup.
- You may replace pork ribs with drumsticks too.